Friday, April 22, 2011

My Quiet Place

Do you have one of those special places where you can go and be alone to think, read, study or pray?  I do and I love it.  I have a special bench in my bedroom that I can go in and sit.  There’s a table that came from my great-grandma that I have set up to use for my cup of tea and such.  When I have a few spare moments without kids and hubby needing something, I like to escape into this tiny little get away and have a few seconds of quiet.  








One of my favorite things to do while relaxing in my haven is read.  Imagine my excitement when I received my first Eternal Encouragement magazine in the mail.  Formerly known as TEACH Magazine, Eternal Encouragement has changed the name but is still the delightful and uplifting Christian magazine for women out there!  I receive this magazine from participating with The Gabby Moms.

I took the magazine into my place of solitude and  took a little bit of time to study the cover before I started reading.  The cover was beautifully laid out and I loved the photo!  The theme for the month was also noted on the front.  This issue’s theme happened to be Time Flies.  

I found many of the articles in this magazine very helpful and wonderful advice for Christian moms, wives and homemakers.  A few of my favorites are:

  • Yippee, It’s Free! by Hollie Snowden: This article had loads of free websites for kids and for time management.  
  • Then Sings My Soul by Brianna van der Veen: I thought that this was a great reminder for moms who are so busy and can get caught up in getting their to do lists done.  It’s important to take the time to slow down and enjoy the “explaining” moments to your kids.  They are teaching moments that you can’t bring back!
  • Four Principle of Not Wasting Time by Mrs. Lorrie Flem: Mrs. Lorrie Flem is always a good read!  I don’t know what it is about her, but she has the best Godly advice for Moms!  This article was perfect for learning how to use your time wisely.  
In each issue of Eternal Encouragement there are wonderful and inspiring articles on marriage like The Wonderful Life of a Wife; on homemaking like It Just “Donned” on Me!; and parenting articles like Tempter to Tranquility.  All of these articles are some of the most precious tips that are right at the fingertips of Godly women, written by Godly women.  

Another thing that I really enjoyed about this magazine while I was devouring it in my quiet place was the size and appearance.  It wasn’t full of junk ads inside.  And the size was just perfect!  It wasn’t a full size magazine so it fit nicely into my hands, or into my purse when I took it with me on my trip out of the house!

This is a magazine that I can’t wait to get my next issue!  If you'd like to see for yourself the wonderful articles that teach women how to live like Jesus, go to www.eternalencouragement.com and order a subscription for only $25.97 per year!  You get a free book download and if you sign up for 2 years you will also receive the popular Family Fun Night mini bundle!


I received this product for honest review from Eternal
Encouragement Magazine as a part of The Gabby Moms blogging program. All
opinions expressed are solely my own.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your favorite articles!
    Nice review
    fellow Gabby mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, a peaceful haven. I don't have that enough, but when it is peaceful I greatly appreciate it (and like to read too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a "special place" like you mentioned. Mostly, I just sit on the couch to read, or head up to my bed. But, regardless, we all need some time alone to read, think, pray, etc. Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My special get-away place is my tub. ; ) Great review!! Thanks for stopping by and saying HI today!

    Because He lives,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. No quiet places here, LOL, but Im OK with that. Ill have too much quiet someday and Ill miss the noise :) Great review :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, love my 'quiet place'! :-)

    great review,
    Jada-another Gabby Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I wish I had a quiet spot to sit and reflect. Yours sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete