Saturday, January 9, 2010

Homeschool Highlights

This is my first posting to Homeschool Highlights. I suppose that I should start with a little bit about myself.

I am a Christian homeschooling mom. I love to teach and that is God's gift to me. The best candidates of my gift would be of course, my children. I also teach a Sunday school class for 1st-2nd graders, AWANA for Kindergarteners and rotate teaching Kids church for preschoolers.

We are using A Beka materials this year, but I think I am going to switch to My Father's World next year. I am also teaching history out of The Story of the World series. We have just started that this week.

We are currently using my own plans for Language Arts because I just ordered the A Beka reading and phonics (I wasn't able to afford them all at the same time). Since the math curriculum does it's units in themes, she is doing the zoo theme. We are reading about zoo animals. This week was Lions and other big cats. This theme is going to tie in with our Bible study for next week in some ways because we will be doing Noah's Ark. We just spent a week on Creation.

I started Kindergarten with my son a year early because he wanted to start school and we've gone through all of the preschool stuff. So because of that, I took this week off from Kindergarten and focused on 1st grade and housework.

If you like this blog, check out others at:
MFW Blog Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment