Friday, September 10, 2010

Books Read Thus Far...



Today ends our 3rd week of homeschooling.  So far, so good!  I really couldn't ask for it to be any better.  I have been reading books to the kids, besides our read aloud.  Either for certain subjects or with Kyle, just for fun.
I want to keep track this year of what books the kids read.  I printed out a list that I can keep for them just for that purpose.  But, since I am an Amazon Associate, I thought I would utilize their widgets and make a carousel widget of the books that we have read and finished so far in school.


Chipmunk at Hollow Tree Lane is a favorite of my kids.  We have had this book for about 5 or 6 years and they ask me to read it quite a bit.  There was also a few books that we have read but Amazon didn't have on their list for sale currently, so I can't post them with the pictures here.  The books are listed below:
  • The Curious Cow by Esther K. Meeks
  • Plate Full of Color by Georgia Perez
We only have one chapter left in our Magic Treehouse book that we are currently reading.  We will finish that either tonight or tomorrow.  Kyle and I only have 2 1/2 more chapters in The War of the Worlds for young readers left to read.  He is bummed that we are almost done.  I have lots of other books to engage him in though.
I have the outline for next weeks school plans done and now just have the final details to do.  We are going to start reading Charlotte's Web next week together.  This will be fun!  I think we will all enjoy reading this together.
The kids were learning about food in health and we discussed the different colors of veggies and fruits.  After we went over that, I gave them a pile of magazines and they had to cut out fruits or veggies.  One for each color, red, purple/blue, yellow, orange, green and white.  Then they had to make a collage with the pictures that they had cut out.  They had fun doing that and actually used great team work.  If one found something that the other also wanted to use, they split the picture in half!  They are not social retards, I don't care what anyone says!
Oh yea, that....I've been asked if I'm scared that my kids won't get social skills from not going to school.  No, actually, I'm afraid of the social skills they would get from going to school.  We are involved in extracurriculars enough that I am not worried they are social retards.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! Fun books! We need to have a lot of reading days this month! we have been s busy lately (with me being sick and the new things we have onour plates...)

    time to make time for more books!!

    ReplyDelete