Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not Back to School Blog Hop: A Day in the Life!

 not back to school

Today the Not Back to School Blog Hop is A Day in the Life!  We are supposed to blog about how our day at school goes on an average day.  Since we haven't started school yet this year, we don't have a set schedule yet.  But here is how we did it last year:

Bible: We read a Bible story and if I have a project for it we do it then.  

We always started with our Bible reading.  Then the rest of the day was pretty much however I chose to do it.  I would have my older daughter to her independent reading, copywork and other independent work while I was teaching my son math or phonics for Kindergarten.  I would also read with him.  

After we were done, he would do his copywork while Amanda and I worked on the subjects that we did together.  Math, phonics and reading.  

Typically we do the classes that they have together before we split up also.  For example, Science.  

We start our morning at 10am and we work through until noon and we break for lunch.  I also wash the dishes at this time so they have a longer break.  Then we have about one more hour after lunch that we finish school.

That is a reason why homeschool works for me so well is I can choose what subject to do when and we don't get burned out!

2 comments:

  1. Great "Day in the Life"! Homeschoolers have so much fun and are so creative :)

    Thanks for sharing and have a very enjoyable 2010-2011 school year!
    ~Tamara
    www.BranchOfWisdom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have got it down!
    ~Lily
    www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete